- Full-page reloads
- HTML only has GET and POST methods
- …and only link clicks & form submissions
- Reinvent the accessible web
- Need big frameworks or complex code
- Probably need a server anyway for SSR
- The client is untrueted
Progressively Enhanced App
- Tight coupling between server & client code
- Behavior is scattered
- Completing HTML with arbitrary events, replacing fragments instead of the whole page
- Your code runs on the server, which you trust
- htmx allows for locality of behavior
Consult your doctor to find out if htmx s right for you. Side effects may include arguing about REST on HN.
The year is 2040.
htmx is a W3C recommendation and _hyperscript is an ECMA standard. War has long ceased, API churn is nought but a distant memory.